Now Hiring - Accounting Manager
Consonant Skincare manufactures and sells 100% natural high-performance skincare products. Consonant’s products are sold across Canada and the United States through wholesale channels & on-line; with two retail stores located in Toronto. To support our growing business, we are looking for a talented professional accountant to join our team.
As part of the Consonant team, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in responsibilities which will develop your skills as an accounting professional & business manager. You will be welcomed into an entrepreneurial company culture focused on delivering uncompromised customer service, wellness, and where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accounting Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks including the following;
Accounting & Reporting
- Full cycle accounting, including A/R, A/P & month end J/E’s.
- Daily review of bank activity, reconciliation to sales reports.
- Month end closing including, bank and other account reconciliation, preparation of month end J/E’s for depreciation & accruals.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements & financial reports.
- Financial analysis as required.
- A/R analysis & collections.
- Inventory valuation including, costing, counts & reconciliation to G/L.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Maintain personnel files, on-board new hires.
- Biweekly payroll processing outsourced to a third party & preparation of related journal entries.
- HR policies & procedures, in compliance with Ontario Employment Standards Act.
- Regulatory reporting and compliance, e.g. HST, WSIB, corporate tax installments.
- Customs compliance.
- Regulatory reporting and assist with purchasing.
- Customs clearing.
Special Projects, year 1
- Take over responsibility for accounting & reporting; including implementation of QuickBooks, cloud version.
- Assist with implementation of new POS system, assist with creation of reports, & daily download to QuickBooks.
- Take on responsibility for A/R subledger.
- Update inventory costing.
- Create budgeting process and the company’s first budget.
Qualifications and experience:
- Recently qualified CPA.
- Desire to take full responsibility for accounting & reporting, as well as become responsible for various aspects of business operations.
- At least 3 years’ experience of progressively responsible accounting positions.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks online a definite asset.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Full cycle accounting skills to financial statements.
- High aptitude for learning & staying current in an ever-changing business environment.
- Strong technical, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational, time management & planning skills.
- Strong work ethic & a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team & ‘pitch in’ as required.
If you are interested please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Please include the subject line: "Accounting Manager Application".