Free sheet mask in every order. Free shipping to US and CDA on orders over $50.
February 24, 2020
We want you to start off this decade with your best face forward! At Consonant we know that great skin is about more than just great skin care. That’s why we’ve compiled seven strategies to boost the health of your body, mind, soul and space to help discover your best skin!
1. Change your pillowcase at least once a week to help prevent breakouts.
Skin care products, dead skin cells, and oil can build up sheets and pillowcases while you sleep. This residue can breed bacteria and clog pores, leading to breakouts. Swapping your pillowcase for a fresh one at least once a week can help keep your skin clean and clear. Try washing bedding in a fragrance-free, natural detergent to prevent irritation and promote overall skin health!
2. Keep a separate bin in your bathroom for recycling to decrease the amount of compostable and recyclable materials ending up in the trash.
A large portion of bathroom trash is either compostable or recyclable. Help to lower your impact on the planet by sorting your used bathroom materials into their correct categories. Keep in mind that bathroom tissue, paper towel and Consonant Come Clean Cleansing Cloths and HydrExtreme Charcoal Sheet Masks are compostable and can be placed into the green bin.
3. Help break the habit of touching or picking your face by pressing your palms together or massaging your hands with lotion when you get the urge to get physical with your face.
Touching your face can spread bacteria, clog pores, or cause scarring. Recognizing the triggers for face touching, like stress or nerves, can help break the habit.
4. Take your makeup off each night before bed to wakeup glowing and refreshed (keep a pack of wipes next to the bed for nights you just can't muster a full cleanse).
Makeup, dirt, pollution, and dead skin can build up of your face throughout the day. Washing if all away each night can help unclog pores, prevent irritation, and can help the long-term health of your skin.
5. Aim to eat a serving of orange fruit or vegetables and dark leafy greens each day to boost the health of your skin from within.
The dark pigments that cause the orange and green colour in these plants are associated with skin-loving micronutrients like vitamin A, K, zinc, folate as well as fibre, and phytonutrients. These tiny compounds are essential for the formation of healthy skin.
6. Keep a water bottle at your desk to sip on throughout the day to fight the dry air.
Skin hydration starts with keeping the body hydrated. When in a state of dehydration, the body will use the moisture from internal stores, including those within the skin. This can make the skin appear dull and make fine lines and wrinkles appear more prominent. With the cold dry air outside and hot forced in inside, we need to work doubly hard to keep quenched!
7. Use your skin care routine as a time to reflect on some positive things you experienced recently.
It can be difficult to find time to add mindfulness and meditation into your already busy day! Instead, you may find it beneficial to integrate these practices into your existing routine. See how you can transform your routine into a wellness ritual. Don’t know where to start? Try a Consonant guided meditation found HERE so you can Mask and Meditate.
Whether you're planning to overhaul your routine, or simply looking to refine your regimen, we’ve got your back on your journey to discover your best skin!
February 03, 2020
Let’s talk about light! Learn why types of light are harmful to skin health and others are helpful! Discover how you can protect your skin from damaging light and pamper your skin with protective light!
June 26, 2019
"We’re excited to finally be able to share our newest product, the HydrExtreme Charcoal Sheet Mask, with you! While a sheet mask is a great way to relax and hydrate, there are some serious scientific benefits to enjoy with this product as well. Our resident science expert, Erika, shares some interesting scientific tidbits on the mask below."
May 24, 2019
Sign Up for 10% Off!
Be the first to know about new promotions, skincare advice, product launches and community events!